BoundAries Leather is hiring a part-time social media and fundraising manager. Applications accepted until Dec 8th, positions starts mid Dec. Part time 20-30hrs a month, $16-20 an hour plus 4% vacation pay.
We’re a small leatherwork studio currently based out of leather consignment maverick’s East Side ReRides. Our leatherwork consists of repairs, alterations, redyes, and customs for motorcycle, vintage, fashion, and kink leather goods. We’ve grown exponentially over the past year and are planning a big move to a new space – which is where you come in!
Job Expectations / Skills Needed:
- Managing a fundraising campaign (probably Kickstarter) aimed at $15,000-20,000 by Feb.
- Social media management and growth (currently Insta, Fb)
- General branding and marketing
- Diversification of photography *
- Photography taking and editing skills (& drive to do photoshoots)
- Website management (Etsy & www.BoundAriesLeather.ca)
- Design capabilities (posters, media) (Photoshop/ InDesign)
- Organization skills (helping organize the move)
- Not necessary but so helpful: Driver’s license and/or car
- Valid Canadian SIN number or work permit
*our team has never organized photoshoots nor hired models. Our online presence (Insta / Etsy listing) is overwhelmingly modeled by Ariss – a white, skinny, masc. As we specifically organize shoots, we are looking to represent a larger array of bodies. Compensation for models is separate from this posting.
Compensation / Hours:
- $16-20/hr with 4% vacation pay through a payroll company
- 20-30 hr per month: we’re aiming for 1 day of work a week up until the move gets close. When we move, we’ll likely need increased hours, depending on your availability.
- After the move: as-is this is a 2-3 month contract up until the move, with the strong possibility to turn into a long-term part-time position
- Other Perks: *leather*; leather off-cuts, leather tools, access (& training) on industrial and domestic sewing machines, first dibs on mis-makes and trail pieces
Covid-19 & Remote Work
Covid aside, our space is too small to host and this is currently a remote job! You’ll need your own computer, and possibly a good camera. If you’re local, our workshop is private and we wear masks while working, so you can swing by to take pics, ect while following all the Covid-19 precautions safely.
Following our move, we’ll likely need someone local to continue the position for ease of photographing our work.
We’re a white, queer/trans owned company who encourages applications from other queer/trans folks, folks with disabilities, BIPOC individuals and other marginalized individuals. We’re open to accommodating new needs and boundaries, and will happily accept any individual who can get this job done.
Our team has introductory level ASL skills, we would need to communicate with deaf folks primarily through text. A requirement for our new space is physical accessibility (our current space is not accessible). Our team is currently all-white and we recognize the specific absence of Indigenous leatherworker in most professional shops in ‘Vancouver’. Our next wave of hiring is going to heavily favor BIPOC individuals and we encourage applicants who don’t have experience but feel they could do this job to apply anyway.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with a brief overview of you! Please include:
- examples of previous fundraising campaigns
- examples of previous social media accounts managed
- examples of design / photography work
- Attached resume
- Availability for a virtual or in-person socially-distanced interview
- One reference to call!