BoundAries Leather aka the LEATHER DOCTOR is one of the few spots in Vancouver that specializes in leather repairs for your beloved items. It works in two ways:
1. Visit the Leather Doctor!
DROP-IN: From 11-6 on Wed – Sat, feel free to drop in with your items. Sometimes, simple repairs may be done while you wait. Other things will require a bit of time, and you’ll be able to come back for them later, or in a couple of days. Check our Twitter for our IN/OUT time log or call the store to make sure we’re in: (604) 327 – 7433
APPOINTMENTS: For custom work or large / complex jobs, do contact us in advance to make an appointment, as it can get quite busy on drop-in days. Appointments are available Wed – Sat 11-6 through e-mail.
2. Simple Repair Drop-Off Service
On Monday 10-6, Tuesday 10-6, and Sunday 12-6, or times Ariss isn’t here, you can drop the “patient” off on any day during business hours to East Side Re-Rides staff. They’ll give it a number, make you out a slip, and tuck it away in the “Waiting Room”, ready to be seen. ‘The Doctor’ will call you back when they’re in, and discuss timeline, repairs and price. Once we have an agreement, and once the repair has been done, you can pick it up and pay for it any day during business hours.
Yes, But, Can We Repair It?
We’ve done a ton of different repair jobs, and every one is a little different depending on how the item was made. Here are some examples of things we commonly do:
- Zippers, baby!
- replace rivets, snaps, buckles, hardware
- add extra rivets, snaps, buckle, straps, hardware
- punch extra holes in belts
- almost invisibly patch holes or rips in leather
- extend jacket sleeves by a few inches
- taper leather pants
- redo stitching by hand or machine
- replace the liner
- add custom pockets (for armor, ect)
Restoration Work & Bootblacking:
Have an old leather item that’s experiencing dryness, discoloration, salt, mold, or simple wear and tear? Want to redye something to a darker shade? Bring it in for an appraisal and some love. We only use the good stuff (no ‘instant’, ‘spray’, or petroleum-based products) to bring your leathers back to full life (if you have a product preference let us know!). Here’s what bootblacking can do:
– healing dryness– re dyeing leather to darker shades– refinishing an old jacket – shining boots; mirror or patina – conditioning / waterproofing all types of leather – removing some stains– leather painting– color stitching– exotics / suede / colored leather
In-Chair Bootblacking: If you’d like to sit for Ariss to black your leathers, then you’ll most likely have to e-mail make an appointment so we can clear the bootblacking stage! Otherwise, keep an eye out for our public bootblacking days, and for the team of Vancouver bootblacks you can often find at VML socials, MVK play parties, or anywhere close to leather.
Have a specific question? Send us an e-mail with a pic to see what we say! Better yet, visit us in store. View if we’re IN or OUT below: