BoundAries Leather is HIRING
BoundAries Leather is hiring!
Part-time as a sub-contractor:
1-2 days a week with a high probability of increased hours heading into our busy season. Days are flexible and dependent on mutual schedules.
Starting at $15/hr to $18/hr depending on skill level of applicant. 3 month trial period, raises discussed every 6 months. No benefits.
BoundAries Leather is a small leather workshop that primarily repairs and alters motorcycle gear, leather fashion & fetish wear, as well as hand making small custom accessories and leather goods. We share space with leather consignment mavericks East Side Re-Rides.
You’ll be needed from everything from odd jobs (sorting hardware), to customer intakes, sewing of zippers, alterations, repairs, and redyeing and reconditioning leathers. Supervision and training of unfamiliar jobs provided with the goal of independent workflow by mid-summer.
Applicant must have:
- Experience sewing on an industrial machine (certificate, training, previous employment, home sewing on non-industrial machines not applicable*).
- Great customer service
- Specific attention to detail & seams
- The ability to lift 40lbs of leather (suits) up and down stairs & hold while sewing
- The willingness to ‘mark-up’ alterations on all leather gear & clients
- Good English spelling for intake system
- The use of ‘they/them’ pronouns for co-workers
Additional assets include:
- Knowledge of leather & leather products
- Any ‘fix-it’ or ‘make-it’ trade skills (bike mechanic, woodworking, ect)
- Knowledge or experience with the motorcycle, kink, or cosplay ‘scenes’
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
We will consider in our hiring the socio-economic factors of all applicants. In particular, we recognise the long history of indigenous leatherwork and tradition & seek to change the specific lack of professionally employed indigenous leatherworkers on stolen Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh land. *Any indigenous applicants who do not have experience on industrial machines but do have experience on domestic machines or with hand-stitching are welcomed to please apply.
Additionally, any applications facing institutionalised barriers such as race, gender, sexual orientation, or (dis)ability or who have dependants are welcome to apply. We are of course, happy to hire any applicant who fits our requirements and work space!
Please apply by e-mailing email@example.com and CCing firstname.lastname@example.org , we will not respond to those who’ve only replied to this ad. Please include in your message body a brief description of your interest, a brief overview of one project you’ve completed solo, and any equity considerations you’d like us to know! Please attach your resume including previous experience and if applicable a picture of the finished project.
Application Deadline: Feb 14, 2020
Rough Start Date: Beginning of March 2020